Roasted cauliflower is an easy, delicious way to enjoy a lazy healthy meal. This simple recipe packs a lot of flavor and nutrition into one dish. The nutty flavor of the cauliflower with the crunchy texture makes for an irresistible snack.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
This low-carb option is incredibly versatile: use it as a side dish, add some meat to make it into a main course, or top it with your favorite sauce for extra flair. So if you’re looking for a healthy, tasty low-carb alternative, try this roasted cauliflower – you won’t regret it!
Ingredients for Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower florets: Fresh cauliflower florets, should be rinsed and patted dry before preparing.
- Avocado oil: Oil helps to prevent burning, allows the seasoning to stick, and provides flavor. Olive oil would also work here.
- Garlic powder: For flavor!
- Kosher salt: Also for flavor.
- Crushed red pepper flakes: Optional for a bit more bite!
Tools needed for this recipe
- Cutting board and sharp knife
- Large mixing bowl
- Large baking sheet
- Parchment paper
How To Make Oven-Roasted Cauliflower
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232C). Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower florets with avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and crushed red pepper florets. Stir to combine, ensuring all the florets are covered with oil and seasoning.
Spread the cauliflower on the baking sheet in a single layer.
Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning the baking tray halfway through. The cauliflower is ready when lightly browned. Remove from the oven and serve.
How to store leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
It isn’t recommended to freeze steamed, or softened cauliflower, as their texture will change and become mushy after thawing due to the additional moisture added.
Roasted Cauliflower Variations
Almost any dish can be elevated with the addition of spices. Any of these seasonings are sure to be a hit!
Italian seasoned cauliflower – Add Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, or oregano to your seasoning mixture.
Mexican cauliflower – Cumin and chili powder will add a bit of flare to this recipe. Spritz with a squeeze of lime to finish.
Let this recipe be a base for Creamy Cauliflower Soup, or simply serve it on top of a baked potato with cheese!
Cauliflower itself is a great stand-alone vegetable, lending itself to be paired alongside almost any protein.
While roasting your cauliflower, try any of these delicious proteins in your air fryer:
- Perfect Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
Overcrowding your baking sheet will result in steamed or mushy cauliflower. Leaving plenty of room between each piece will allow the moisture to evaporate and the vegetable to cook evenly. If necessary, use two baking sheets for even roasting.
Cauliflower can come in white, orange, purple, and green. While they all taste the same, the orange and purple varieties contain more antioxidants, with the orange carrying more beta-carotene than the rest.
- Turning the baking sheet halfway through will ensure that your roasted cauliflower has cooked evenly over every piece.
Looking for more oven-roasted recipes? Try these out:
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Cauliflower Dip
- Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Recipe
- Juicy Oven Roasted Chicken Pieces
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- 8 cups Cauliflower florets rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232C). Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower florets with avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and crushed red pepper florets. Stir to combine, ensuring all the florets are covered with oil and seasoning.
- Spread the cauliflower on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning the baking tray halfway through. The cauliflower is ready when lightly browned. Remove from the oven and serve.