These Air Fryer Carrots are perfectly roasted in your Air Fryer. Make them sweet or savory, whichever you prefer, in less time than it takes to roast them in the oven.
This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Carrots in the air fryer are pretty darn amazing. The one thing I love about it is how fast they can be made compared to the oven. Traditionally, roasted carrots in the oven take about 30 minutes to get perfectly tender and charred, but with the air fryer, you can cut that time down to about 20 minutes.
Since I can never make up my mind about anything, I’ve included two recipes for air fryer carrots (one sweet and one savory) and will discuss my method and process for both.
How to make Air Fryer Carrots
For the sweet version of this recipe, you will need the following ingredients: Carrots, brown sugar, butter, and salt. Feel free to add a pinch of cinnamon if you like.
First, wash and peel the carrots. You can leave the peel on if you prefer, but I found that the peel gives the carrots a slight bitter taste. If peeling, use a vegetable peeler so you don’t peel off too much of the carrot.
Next, chop carrots into 1 inch large chunks and place in a large bowl. Pour melted butter, brown sugar, and salt over carrots and stir until the carrots are fully coated.
Transfer carrots into an oven safe bowl that will fit in your air fryer. Cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway. Salt to taste.
Why the bowl? I’ve tested these carrots with and without the bowl for this sweet method. Without the bowl, the butter and sugar mixture seemed to drip right off the carrots, before it had a chance to really caramelize and flavor the carrots. In the bowl, the carrots are able to cook and caramelize in the butter mixture and results in much better flavor.
If you can’t find a bowl that will fit your air fryer, you could use a little bit of foil paper in the bottom of the basket.
For the savory version of these air fryer carrots, you will need the following: Carrots, olive oil, garlic powder, and paprika. You can also use any other seasoning mix you like, such as this all-purpose seasoning.
Wash and peel your carrots. Place carrots in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, and paprika.
Place in the air fryer basket and cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Once done, top with parsley and parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
How to store leftover air fryer carrots
Store cooled carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Cooked carrots will last up to 9 months in the freezer.
How to reheat carrots in the air fryer
To reheat carrots, add the carrots to the air fryer basket and reheat on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for a few minutes, about 4-7, until reheated through.
- You could use baby carrots if you prefer but they won’t taste exactly the same. The larger carrots have much better flavor when roasted.
- The size of your carrots will determine how long you need to cook them. Smaller carrots will cook faster while larger carrots will take longer. Check on your carrots halfway through cooking to determine doneness.
- To use frozen carrots, add a few minutes to the cook time. Season halfway through cooking if using frozen carrots.
I hope you enjoy these roasted air fryer carrots as much as we do! If you’re looking for more air fryer vegetables, try these out:
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potato
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
This recipe is great paired with Air Fryer Ham.
Watch this video tutorial and see how I make these carrots from start to finish.
Roasted Air Fryer Carrots (Sweet or Savory)
- 1 lb carrots washed, peeled, and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoon butter melted
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lb medium sized carrots washed and peeled
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley optional
- Pour melted butter, brown sugar, salt over carrots and stir until the carrots are fully coated.
- Place carrots in an oven safe bowl that will fit in your air fryer. Cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Place carrots in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, shaking halfway through. Once done, top with parmesan cheese and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe was originally published on November 18, 2019. It has been updated with additional helpful information and tips.
Grace Van Dyck
Thursday 18th of May 2023
Amazing!!! I absolutely loved the sweet carrots. Thank you!
Monday 17th of April 2023
Wonderful recipes. Thank you. But please, stop peeling all the nutrition of of the vegetables. Huge loss of nutrition doing that!
Tuesday 18th of April 2023
Hi Robin, thank you. You don't have to peel them for the recipe. I like my baked carrots peeled. I do, however, like to eat raw carrots unpeeled.
Sunday 8th of January 2023
I made the sweet carrots, and they are the best sweetened carrots I have ever eaten! My husband agrees! Thank you for sharing it!
Sunday 8th of January 2023
Thanks so much Marsha!
Friday 28th of October 2022
Absolutely delicious! The whole family loved the carrots.
Tuesday 1st of November 2022
Thanks Andrea, so happy you all liked the recipe :)
Sunday 3rd of July 2022
I found myself licking fingers AND the bowl of the leftover butter-brown sugar mixture. So good.
Tuesday 5th of July 2022
Thank you JohnC! So glad you liked the sweet air fryer carrots.