These Air Fryer Carrots are perfectly roasted in your Air Fryer. Make them sweet or savory, whichever you prefer, in less time than it takes to roast them in the oven.
This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Carrots in the air fryer are pretty darn amazing. The one thing I love about it is how fast they can be made compared to the oven. Traditionally, roasted carrots in the oven take about 30 minutes to get perfectly tender and charred, but with the air fryer, you can cut that time down to about 20 minutes.
Since I can never make up my mind about anything, I’ve included two recipes for air fryer carrots (one sweet and one savory) and will discuss my method and process for both.
How to make Air Fryer Carrots
First, wash and peel the carrots. You can leave the peel on if you prefer, but I found that the peel gives the carrots a slight bitter taste. If peeling, use a vegetable peeler so you don’t peel off too much of the carrot.
Next, chop carrots into 1 inch large chunks and place in a large bowl. Pour melted butter, brown sugar, and salt over carrots and stir until the carrots are fully coated.
Place carrots in an oven safe bowl that will fit in your air fryer. Cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway. Salt to taste.
Why the bowl? I’ve tested these carrots with and without the bowl for this sweet method. Without the bowl, the butter and sugar mixture seemed to drip right off the carrots, before it had a chance to really caramelize and flavor the carrots. In the bowl, the carrots are able to cook and caramelize in the butter mixture and results in much better flavor.
Wash and peel your carrots. Place carrots in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, and paprika.
Place in the air fryer basket and cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Once done, top with parsley and parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
Notes: You could use baby carrots if you prefer but they won’t taste exactly the same. The larger carrots have much better flavor when roasted.
I hope you enjoy these roasted air fryer carrots as much as we do! If you’re looking for more air fryer vegetables, try these out:
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potato
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Air Fryer Carrots (Sweet or Savory)
- 1 lb carrots washed, peeled, and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pour melted butter, brown sugar, salt over carrots and stir until the carrots are fully coated.
- Place carrots in an oven safe bowl that will fit in your air fryer. Cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Place carrots in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, shaking halfway through. Once done, top with parmesan cheese and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.