This Air Fryer Egg Frittata recipe is the easiest way to make a delicious breakfast frittata in your Air Fryer. It’s loaded with veggies and tons of flavor. It’s the perfect Air Fryer Breakfast.
This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
I’m always looking for different ways to cook my favorite breakfast staple…the edible incredible egg! Scrambled Eggs happen often on weekdays. These Sous Vide Egg Bites often happen on the weekends. And now my Best Air Fryer Egg Frittata recipe makes a common weekend appearance as well.
I love making this egg frittata in the Air Fryer because as I always say, the Air Fryer makes life so much easier. There is no need to preheat the Air Fryer for this recipe, and the frittata is done in less than 20 minutes!
Egg frittata is a great way of using up bits and pieces sitting around in the refrigerator. A few eggs, some veg, a couple of slices of ham, and some shredded cheese and you have the basis of a great-tasting meal.
The added veggies are a huge plus. They’re healthy (hooray) and make the frittata so tasty…even my oldest, the pickiest eater now, loves it. My youngest…well, she eats everything I make; I hope it stays that way forever!
Looking for other easy breakfast recipes, I’ve got you covered. Try these great tasting sweet and savory recipes, my Cheesy Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Casserole, Breakfast Air Fried Potatoes, Air Fryer French Toast, or my Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies.
Here’s what you will need to make Air Fryer Egg Frittata:
TIP: On a side note … this knife is life when it comes to everyday kitchen use. It’s 6 inches and perfect for my small hands. It’s also super sharp and strong.
- Eggs – I use 4 free-range eggs for a frittata to serve two people.
- Milk – you can use whole or reduced-fat milk.
- Vegetables – I use a combination of green onions, baby bella mushrooms, spinach, and red bell pepper in this best vegetable frittata recipe.
- Meat – I’ve chopped up some slices of ham; you can add any flavor of ham, or any other cold cut.
- Cheese – I add cheddar cheese as it’s got a great sharp flavor; you can use any other variety of cheese.
- Seasoning – salt and black pepper season the eggs.
- Sauce – I like adding just a dash of my favorite hot sauce to the egg mixture for a bit of added heat.
How to make Air Fryer Egg Frittata
First, prepare the vegetables and meats that you’ll be placing in your frittata by chopping them into small pieces. I like to use ham, mushrooms, spinach, red bell pepper, and green onions. Set aside.
Next, whisk your eggs in a large bowl. Stir in milk until mixed. Then add in your veggies, meat, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, and a dash of hot sauce. Stir to combine.
Then pour your mixture into a greased 6-inch round or square pan that will fit inside your Air Fryer.
Close and cook at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These tips will help you make the best airy fryer egg frittata you’ve ever tasted:
- Cooking times will vary depending on the make and model of your Air Fryer.
- Always grease your pan with oil or butter before cooking the frittata to stop it from sticking. However, I found that butter made it more non-stick than oil.
- You can use any combination of vegetables in a frittata. Try any color of bell pepper, red onion, zucchini, celery, green peas, sweet corn, or any variety of mushrooms.
- If you fancy adding broccolini or green beans, I recommend cooking in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes first before draining and adding to the egg mixture.
- To make the frittata more substantial, add some slices of cooked potato.
- Add any variety of cheese; try cheddar, Gruyere, Swiss, Monterey Jack, feta, or goat’s cheese.
- I added cooked ham, but you can add any other cooked meat. Try smoked or maple-cured ham, smoked turkey, or thin slices of salami or chorizo.
- For a seafood twist, add some cooked shrimp.
How to serve Air Fryer Egg Frittata
Air Fryer Egg Frittata is a great breakfast or brunch dish; serve it with hot buttered toast.
However, it also makes a lunch or light dinner option served with a side salad. Once cooked and cooled, it also makes a great lunch on-the-go option.
How to store
To refrigerate: Frittata can be eaten hot or cold, so once cooked, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat: If you wish to reheat egg frittata, place it on a tray in a preheated oven until warmed through. Just take care not to overcook the egg, as it can become rubbery.
To freeze: Once cooked and cooled, place in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to enjoy, defrost in the refrigerator, then place into a hot oven to warm through.
Frittatas are made with beaten eggs, some seasoning, and any other ingredients you wish to add. Add chopped potatoes, vegetables, cooked meat, herbs, and shrimp. Pretty much anything that you wish.
With an omelet, the eggs are added to the pan and cooked a little first before the rest of the ingredients are added, and the eggs are folded over in the center. With a frittata, the ingredients are whisked through the beaten eggs before being cooked so they are distributed evenly throughout the frittata.
I cook egg frittata at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-18 minutes, but cooking times will vary depending on the make and model of your air fryer, and the pan you use. Avoid using thick pans that will take longer to hear. I recommend cooking until the eggs have cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the frittata comes out clean.
If you have tried this Air Fryer Egg Frittata recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Air Fryer Egg Frittata
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup baby bella mushrooms chopped
- ¼ cup spinach chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup sliced ham chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Grease 6×3 inch round or square pan with butter. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl until blended. Stir in green onions, mushrooms, spinach, red bell pepper, ham, cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce.
- Pour egg mixture into greased pan.
- Place in air fryer and cook on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cook times will depend on Air Fryer model.
- You can grease your pan with oil or butter, although I found that butter made it more non-stick.
Suggested tools for Air Fryer Frittata
This recipe was originally published on February 5th, 2019. It has been updated with additional helpful information.
Tuesday 14th of September 2021
Sunday 28th of March 2021
How can you incorporate bacon? Cook first and then mix in with ingredients??
Monday 29th of March 2021
Hi Lindsey, that's what I would do.
Monday 18th of January 2021
How many servings is this recipe?
Monday 18th of January 2021
Wednesday 28th of October 2020
Could you make this in two little ramekins?
Thursday 29th of October 2020
Yes you can. I would lower the cooking time to about 8-10 minutes as the smaller size would make it cook quicker.
Saturday 8th of February 2020
What about adding chopped ham and/or frozen hash browns, like Potatoes O'Brien, to the recipe? Would that mess the cooking time up any?
Monday 10th of February 2020
Hi Gordon, I haven't added frozen hash brown to this recipe but I don't see why it wouldn't work.