This Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes Recipe is my idea of a delicious and easy breakfast on a Saturday morning. Ready in less than 30 minutes and no more standing over the stove flipping pancakes.
This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
As summer comes to an end, I had to pop on the blog and post one of my all time favorite breakfast recipes, Dutch Baby Pancakes. Soon pumpkins, squash, and the color orange will take over and no one will care about anything else. Le sigh….I like fall and all but summer is my favorite season. Warm weather and fresh fruit will be missed greatly by me.
So about these Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes…they’re amazing! Whoever thought about baking a pancake is a genius and should be honored. I’d make a plaque and hold a fancy dinner because baking pancakes is such a great idea. Seriously, the steps are as simple as preparing the batter, popping it in the oven, and then “ding ding ding,” breakfast is done. No longer are the days you have to watch the stove to ensure your pancake doesn’t burn. No worries about flat pancakes with this dutch baby recipe. I don’t know if I’ll ever make pancakes any other way.
I love these babies as minis. Why you may ask? Honestly…because they are soooo freaking cute. I used to make my dutch baby in a big cast iron skillet…which is cool and all….but this is just too cute and fancy to resist. And what about these cute ramekins? Perfect display when you want a fancy breakfast layout.
In order to make these mini dutch baby pancakes, you’ll need butter, eggs, milk, All Purpose flour, sugars, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and fresh fruit. I bet you you can find all these ingredients in your house without even taking a trip to the grocery store. Another thing I love about this recipe.
Oh…and a blender. You need a blender. Can you believe mine died when I was preparing this very recipe. I improvised though and used a food processor. They came out just fine. But my poor blender, I’ll miss it.
Hopefully you love this recipe as much as my family and I do. My daughter has even become a pro in making these and wants to have competitions on whose taste better and who makes a better presentation. I let her think she wins.
Well I’m off to enjoy these last few days of summer…until next time, Enjoy 🙂
Looking for more Breakfast Recipes?? Try these out:
- Million Dollar Bacon
- Egg Frittata (Air Fryer Recipe)
- Creamy Cheese Grits with Jalapeño (Instant Pot Recipe)
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Casserole
- Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes Recipe
- 4-6 Tbsp butter*
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- fresh fruit preferrably strawberries and blueberries
- fresh lemon juice
- *Amount of butter will depend on size of ramekins. Use 6 ramekins if they are small and 4 if they are the larger kind.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place 1 Tbsp butter in each ramekin. Place in oven to allow butter to melt.
- Meanwhile, add eggs to a blender and blend for about 1 minute, until eggs are frothy.
- Add milk, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and flour to blender. Mix until combined.
- Remove ramekins from oven and use a pastry brush to spread butter on sides of ramekins.
- Add batter to each ramekin making sure an equal amount is in each.
- Place ramekins back in oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until pancakes have risen and tops are golden brown.
- Top each pancake with fresh fruit, a squeeze of lemon juice, and powdered sugar. Enjoy.